Rental Requirements and Application
How to Submit an Application:
- Print and fill out online rental application
- Arrange payment -- At the time you submit your application, you will be asked to pay a
screening fee of $45.00 (per applicant, if not married), payable by certified check or
money order to Peninsula Property Homes, LLC.
- Deliver your application -- You can bring the application to our office, or you can fax to (757) 240-5469.
Be sure to include at least three (3) current paycheck stubs (to verify income), verification of any other
sources of income and a copy of your Driver's License. If you have the ability to scan documents, you may
email your application to email@example.com.
- Positive picture ID is required
- Application must be completely filled out and signed. Failure to do so will result in delay of the processing.
- Application Fee of $45.00 must be paid before processing the rental application.
- Three years of verifiable residence history from a landlord required. If none is available, a Co-Signor will be required.
- Must be employed by the same employer for at least one (1) year or other forms of income must be able to be verified;
- Must make sufficient income to cover their bills, as well as the applicant's rent payment; and,
- Must reside in the state of Virginia.
- Three (3) or more late notices within a 12 month period will result in denial.
- Rental history reflecting any unpaid past due rent will result in denial.
- Any current unlawful detainer/warrant in debt or eviction that is pending will result in denial.
- Outstanding bad debts/collections for utilities or rent will result in denial.
- Background check.
- At least 3 current paycheck stubs or LES will be required to verify income.
- Your monthly income must be two and a half (2.5) times the amount of the proposed rent.
- Self-employed applicants will require proof of income from 2 years of tax returns.
- Other sources of income must be able to be verified.
- Verifiable employment is required.
- Self-employed individuals must be verified through tax returns and/or bank statements.
- Must be employed by the same employer for at least one (1) year.
- Good credit is required.
- Outstanding judgments for rent and/or collections for utilities will result in denial.